Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Assignment 1 Re-re-re Edit

Hmmm. As you all know, my computer got reformatted. So I basically had to redo my Assignment 1, so the much earlier post on my first assignment can be said to be obsolete already because i had to re-do the 'I Love Pacman' and I got rid of the 'I Love Pills' thing cuz i felt it was too simple?

Ok, first up, is "i like pacman"



Basically this is a recreation of my earlier work. Even the placement of the big dots and the monsters are the same. I used shapes to frame out my name, and the brush tool for the dots as well as the monsters. I also used grids to help make sure that it was all straight??

Yup.. Thats about all i can talk about my re-creation.

Anyway, as for the second piece, I decided to go with the 'I like Mario' theme.



I can honestly say that i like this one better? Maybe because i spent more time on it. Anyways, for this piece, i used the grid tool again to make sure that everything's aligned and the distance between each letter is same if not almost similar.

I basically traced out using a brush tool the things from the world of mario like the question mark box, the plant in the pipe, mario, the mushroom, the tortoise and etc. Then i colored it all separately using the pencil tool instead. The reason why i used the pencil tool is to give it some sort of pixelated look?? Which is basically what i remember from Mario when i played it on some super old game console, where the graphics were like 8-bit or 16-bit graphics with pixels at the corners and non-smooth drawings.

Yup, and I think my name is spelt pretty clearly in the photo above.

1 comment:

sp said...

eric ar... why u end ur sentences with questions marks??

but anyway nice designs?